Friday, March 15, 2013

Sizing Guide and New Fonts

Sizing and Care Guidelines

I get asked on occasion what the fit is like for my Personalized Onesies and Tees.  I understand the importance of correct sizing, so I measured my onesies and tees in each size and made up the chart below.  I recommend you compare these measurements to a onesie or tee that fits your child well in order to help you decide on the best size.  Please note that the measurements may vary slightly due to small differences in onesies/tees of the same size as well as stretchability.  Sizes NB to 12-18 MOS are onesies only.  Sizes 18-24 MOS and 24-36 MOS are tees only.


These are shown on the listings in my shop, but here again are the weight guidelines for onesies and tees:

Size
Newborn: up to 7.5 lbs.
0-3 Mos: 7-10 lbs.
3-6 mos: 10-14 lbs.
6-12 mos: 14-18 lbs.
12-18 mos: 18-23 lbs.
18-24 mos: (tee): 23-27 lbs.
24-36 mos: (tee): 27-31 lbs.


Here is a list of sizing and care questions I am asked along with the answers:

Do your onesies and tees run small?  Should I order the next size up?

The sizing runs "true to size," meaning they do not run small or large so there is no need to "size up" or "size down."  If your child is wearing a 3-6 MOS in most other clothing, then you should order that size.  If your child is close to outgrowing his 3-6 MOS clothing, then you should order the next size up if you would like to get the most use out of what you order. 

I just had a baby and would like to order her a Personalized Onesie to wear next month for Thanksgiving.  Should I order the Newborn size?

Yes!  Although the manufacturer guidelines list the newborn size at "up to 7.5 lbs," I have found that this size actually fits most newborns up to 6 weeks of age.  Obviously, if you have a 10 lb. newborn, you may consider the 0-3 MOS size.    If you have a newborn and plan to have her wear the onesie before she is 6 weeks old, the newborn size is usually a better fit.  This is especially true if you are ordering something that you would like the baby to wear right away.  If your baby is born in May and you would like her to wear her Personalized Flip Flop Onesie throughout the summer, then the 0-3 MOS is a better choice although it will be a little big at first.  I remember bringing my first born home from the hospital with a closet full of cute clothes in 0-3 MOS only to find that everything was way too big.  By my third child, I had learned my lesson and she had a closet full of preemie and newborn sized clothing. 

I would like a pink onesie.  Do you have those?

The onesies and tees come only in white.

Are these pre-shrunk?

Yes, the onesies and tees are washed in warm water and dried on low heat before the design is sewn on.  A small amount of shrinkage may be expected the more it is washed. 

How should I wash the onesie I ordered?

You may wash the onesies and tees on either warm or cold.  Cold water will reduce any possible shrinkage.  Dry on low heat or air dry.  Running an iron over it will make it look brand new if it is to be worn for a special occasion.

What is the fit like for the Personalized Knot Hats?

The Personalized Knot Hats are intended for babies 0-3 MOS old.  The knot at the top is adjustable, allowing more or less room for the baby's head. 


FONTS  

There are several fonts to choose from for your personalization.  Many of these fonts are a new addition to my shopIf you would like a different font than the one shown on the sample onesie or tee, just let me know when you order.  The picture below illustrates the font choices.   


Thread Colors

The thread color choices are limitless.  Below is a list of thread colors I have.  If you don't see the color that you are looking for, please let me know and I can accommodate.

Red, Orange, Yellow, Golden Yellow*, Mint Green, Green, Dark Green, Baby Blue*, Light Blue, Blue, Turquoise, Navy*, Purple, Coral, Baby Pink*, Pink, Fuchsia, Tan, Gold, Silver, Brown, Dark Brown, Black

Notes about colors:

*Golden Yellow is an orange-ish yellow color
*Baby Blue is a pale blue and is lighter than Light Blue
*Baby Pink is a pale pink and is much lighter than Pink
*Baby Blue and Baby Pink are very subtle colors
*Navy is a dark navy and almost looks black

The most popular and commonly preferred colors are Fuchsia and Light Blue.  These are the same two colors that are used on the boy and girl Whale Personalized Hooded Towels

I hope have found this guide helpful!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment